Do I need an ABC license for alcohol that is served at my event?
For a wedding or carriage house event, an alcohol license is only required if there is going to be a cash bar or alcohol is covered in an admission price.
What does Oak Ridge provide for a wedding or reception?
We provide white wooden chairs for ceremony and reception at the Main House. Gold chivari chairs are provided for receptions at the Carriage House. A dance floor is also available at the Carriage House for use. We use 60” round tables for guest seating and 48” round tables for wedding cake display. We provide 8’, 6’ and 5’ tables for the caterer. All tables are set up prior to the caterer’s arrival based on a diagram which has been pre-approved by the bride and groom. Oak Ridge will be responsible for the breaking down of tables and chairs following the event.
Who provides the linens for my wedding?
Typically the linens, glassware, dishes and bar setup are acquired through the caterers. However, some brides prefer to rent these items themselves from the rental company of their choice. We will place cloths on the tables and work with the rental companies to determine delivery and pickup times.
What is my contracted time for my wedding and reception?
7 hours and a half are allotted for your event. You have 2 hours prior to ceremony during which time dressing, early pictures, and vendor accessibility take place. One half hour is for ceremony and 5 hours after ceremony remain for the reception.
What if it rains on my wedding day?
Our staff will work with you to create an alternative plan using the ballroom and other available spaces. We are able to seat 70 guests in the ballroom and 40 guests on either verandah.
Who handles clean up for our wedding and what is involved?
Oak Ridge will be responsible for removing linens from tables, and the collection and grouping of all items brought by the wedding party to be transported by the responsible party. The caterers are responsible for the clearing of all glasses, plates, silverware, and food tables.
Can I have my bridal portrait taken at Oak Ridge?
Yes, this is included in our package at no additional cost. The portrait session must be scheduled based on availability for a maximum of 3 hours.
Is there a list of required vendors to be used on site for my wedding?
Yes. We do require that your caterer has a licensed and operating business. Please contact us via email for our list of approved Main House caterers to be used for receptions taking place at the Main House only. Should you need assistance, we can make recommendations for consistently performing vendors in the area.
Is there any lodging available in the area?
Please visit the Nelson County website to find a list of places to stay in the area. We are 35 minutes from both Charlottesville and Lynchburg, where there are many options to choose from for lodging.
Can anyone bike, ride, or walk the trails?
Our trails are open to the public only during designated events. If you are interested in developing a new event which utilizes the trails, please contact us. See our farm page for current events which use the trail.